If an order exceeds £250, we may require documentation to show proof of name and address. These can be sent to us by email, fax or post before the dispatch of the order. Details of the IP address are noted at the point of purchase. Credit Card Fraud is considered a serious offence and legal proceedings will be undertaken if any transaction is deemed fraudulent. We reserve the right to decline any order we suspect to be fraudulent. Occasionally the decision will be made not to process an order if further security information has been requested and not obtained. The order will not be processed and any monies will be refunded to the original payment card. The customer will be contacted to be informed of the issue and to attempt re-payment.
Payment Assessment – Verifying
If your order is showing as “Payment Assessment – Verifying” please do not worry. Our merchant provider has been in touch with us in regards to your payment. Because we work closely with our merchant providers to eliminate fraud, we are sometimes asked to hold shipping until the payment has been verified and that a fraudulent transaction has not been made. If you make payment with a card that has been issued outside of the UK, your billing address and or postcode are not matched, you have not entered your CCV or security code, or your phone number has not been matched with your card this may be flagged as fraudulent. This will cause a delay to your order and your order may not be fulfilled. If you want to continue with your order, we will contact you to make payment by Bank Transfer.
We offer a 6-month warranty from the date you receive your device. We fully test each device when we receive stock and also before shipping. We urge you to fully test your device upon receiving and in the instance, you may find a fault, you must report this and send it back to us within the warranty period. If a fault is found, we may choose to either repair or replace the device. A repair attempt will be made before a replacement device is offered. A replacement device is subject to stock levels. We will try and replace the device with the same model but cannot guarantee you will receive a device of similar condition to your purchased grade, i.e. a Grade B may have more or less scratches to the screen or housing than the device you originally received. Any faults found outside the warranty period will not be covered either by a replacement device or warranty repair.
Warranty will become null and void if:
- Any accidental damage caused to your device including liquid damage will invalidate the warranty and will be subject to administration charges, additional repair costs or replacement device charges and return delivery charges.
- Damage caused by dropping the device or intentional mistreatment will invalidate the warranty and will be subject to administration charges, additional repair costs or replacement device charges and return delivery charges.
- Any attempt to open, jailbreak or unlock the device either by you or a 3rd party repair company will invalidate your warranty and if subsequent damage or faults arise will be subject to administration charges, additional repair costs or replacement device charges and return delivery charges.
- Any damage or faults sustained to the device caused by improper use of accessories will be subject to administration charges, additional repair costs or replacement device charges and return delivery charges.
Warranty does not cover:
- Faults that may arise due to normal wear and tear, for example, scratches, dents, cracks, broken or missing parts due to misuse or accidental damage to the device or accessories supplied are not covered under the warranty.
For any device received that has been sent back for warranty repair or replacement and subsequently, no fault is found by our repair department, we will charge an administration fee (£20.00) and will charge for return delivery at £10.00 within the UK, more if being shipped outside the UK. We will also charge a minimum inspection fee of £20.00 if a quote for repair work has been given and subsequently declined or if we find a device is Beyond Economical Repair. The inspection fee includes insured return delivery of your device to any UK address. Extra shipping charges will apply if you are sending your device outside the UK.
An extended warranty is purchased on a per-unit basis. An extended warranty is only available when purchasing your device and at no other time after.
- Upgrade to 12/18/24 months total warranty
- Return-to-base warranty
- Unlimited repairs
- Unlimited labor & repair costs
- Battery replacement covered (maximum 2 battery replacements)
- Return insured shipping back to you covered
Warranty does not include accidental damage or acts of nature including liquid damage, does not include broken, cracked, smashed, display screens, digitiser assemblies, front glass panels, rear glass covers, rear glass, damaged housing, or similar accidental damages. Warranty does not include operating systems, software misuse, 3rd party software, jailbreaking, custom firmware, viruses, malware, spyware.
All our refurbished devices come with our standard 6-month return-to-base warranty.
We offer an extended return to base warranties up to a total of 12/18/24 months warranty at additional costs.
Extended warranties are only available when purchasing refurbished equipment and at no other time.
The warranty starts from the date you receive your equipment.
The warranty covers parts and labor costs only up to the purchase price of the equipment.
Warranty includes battery replacements up to a maximum of 2 per extended warranty period.
There is no limit to the number of repairs needed within the warranty period.
The customer is solely responsible for the return of goods and all the costs involved.
We fully test each device when we receive stock, and then again prior to shipping. We include a 25-point test checklist with each refurbished device once testing has been completed. We urge you to fully test your device upon receiving and in the instance, you may find a fault, you must report this within the standard 6-month warranty period. If a fault is found, we may choose to either replace or repair the equipment.
Any faults found outside the 6-month period or extended warranty period will not be covered either by replacement equipment or warranty repair. Any accidental damage or acts of nature caused to your equipment including liquid damage will not be covered under warranty and will be subject to additional repair costs or replacement costs.
Any device received that has been sent back under warranty repair or replacement and subsequently, no fault is found by our repair department, we will charge additional inspection fees (£20.00 inc VAT) and will charge extra for return delivery. Some of our refurbished devices may have a warranty left with Apple UK. Paperwork indicating the remaining warranty period with Apple UK may be supplied if applicable. The remaining Apple warranty periods range from 1 month to 12 months. Handsets or tablets with the longest warranty period are supplied on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Any tampering with the product will result in a breach of contract and the warranty will become null and void.
Apple warranties can be checked using your device IMEI number found within the “Settings”, “General” and then “About” menu. Please follow this link: https://checkcoverage.apple.com/gb/en/
If you are purchasing an item or handset that is currently listed as “pre-order”, you agree and understand that payment will be taken from you and that your order will be processed and shipped normally within 3-10 working days. Pre-order items are normally shipped within 3-10 working days from when we receive your order and payment. During this period your order will remain as “pending” or “processing” status.
We use Royal Mail as our chosen courier service within the UK, ensuring a fast, fully trackable service. Delivery is normally within 2 working days, after the order processing period but please allow 3-5 days for delivery. For all European and International orders, we use Royal Mail International. Royal Mail International target times: 3 working days to Western Europe, 5 working days to Eastern Europe and 7 working days for the rest of the world. Delivery times are not guaranteed.
Undelivered / Lost Items
If after 10 days (UK) 30 days (Worldwide) from the date your order was dispatched excluding Saturday, Sunday & Bank holidays the item(s) are still undelivered please follow these steps:
1. Contact your local post office. In most cases, an attempt will have been made to deliver the item(s). If no one was present to sign for the delivery they will have been returned to the post office/sorting depot where they are stored and eventually returned to us, the sender.
2. If the item(s) are not at your local post office/sorting depot please make contact to inform us that the item(s) have not arrived. Please also include your order number and the date that the goods were ordered.
On rare occasions, products may develop a fault. Our flexible no-fuss policy for dealing with faulty goods is intended to ensure you get the fastest resolution possible and minimise the time you are without a working item. We will either choose to repair the product in-house or replace as necessary. Any item returned to us may be charged an additional fee to cover the cost of testing and return if devices are found to be fully working or if the device is found to have been accidentally damaged. Faulty devices must be returned within 6 months of purchase or they will be rejected and returned and will be charged an administration fee (£20.00) and return delivery fee. If your device becomes faulty after your warranty period has expired, we may offer a discounted repair rate. We will not offer any refund on any items sold that have elapsed the warranty period. It is the buyer’s responsibility to return the item to us. Postage refunds for faulty items received within the first 14 days will be issued, up to a maximum value of £10.00, but only after the items have come back to us and at reasonable costs. You must notify us within 14 days after receiving your order that your device or accessory is faulty. You must return your device within 14 days to be entitled to a postage refund. Please complete a Product Return Application to be issued with an RMA number.
We fully test each battery within the device prior to shipping. We run a full battery test which consists of playing a constant YouTube video with medium backlight settings, Bluetooth on, WiFi on and connected and settings restored to Factory Defaults. We expect a battery to last approx 5-7 hours during tests and we deem this to be a good battery. Times will vary across devices depending on battery capacity. We will only replace a battery if the above times are not being met and within your warranty period only. If you find your battery is not depleting to 0% correctly, your device is shutting off randomly or at a certain percentage, we will replace the battery during your warranty period only. If we receive a device for warranty battery replacement and subsequently find no issues when we complete testing, a charge of £20.00 plus return shipping costs (normally £10.00 within the UK more if being shipped outside the UK) will be applied prior to sending back to you. If you suspect you may have a battery issue, we urge you to restore your device back to factory settings and test your device again. It is possible an application or background service may be draining your battery more than usual.
Incorrectly Supplied Devices
If we have supplied you with an incorrect device, please inform us immediately. Please send back the item in the same condition as we sent it to you within 14 days of purchase. We will test the device and if applicable, send you a replacement, stock levels permitting. It is the buyer’s responsibility to return the item to us.
Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you may cancel your order up to fourteen (14) days after delivery of the order to you (or in the case of a multiple order, delivery of the last part of the order).
You may cancel your order by contacting us by completing a Product Return Application.
Unless items are damaged or faulty when delivered, you may only cancel your order if:
- in the case of new software, the items are as new, in a saleable condition, unused, undamaged and still in the original sealed packaging with the seal still intact.
- in the case of new hardware, the items are as new, in a saleable condition, unused (except to the extent reasonably necessary to examine them), undamaged and contain every component part (cables, memory sticks etc.). If you are unable to comply with these requirements, you may still return the hardware item to us but we may make a deduction from your refund to take account of the reduction in value caused by any damage or missing components.
- in the case of pre-owned or refurbished hardware, the items are in the same condition they were in when we delivered them to you, have not been used by you (except to the extent reasonably necessary to examine them), and are undamaged.
If you are canceling an item purchased in a discounted or promotional offer or as part of a combined product (for example combined hardware and accessories), all items purchased in any offer or combined product are part of the same contract and have to be returned if you wish to receive a full refund. If all the items are not returned the refund will be adjusted accordingly. To partially cancel your order for a combined product you will need to contact our Customer Services team.
Please take reasonable care of the goods, we are entitled to deduct an amount from the refund to reflect any loss in value of the goods supplied if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling of the goods by you.
All products should be returned to our address below within 14 days of canceling your order. You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the products to us unless you are returning a faulty item.
We check each handset that we purchase using the CheckMEND service to ensure any reported lost or stolen handsets are not sold. On the rare occasion, a handset should be flagged red by CheckMEND, we offer a 2-year protection policy. We will either replace the handset with a like-for-like device or refund the handset cost at today’s value. We will need the blacklisted handset returned to us before we can start replacement or refund proceedings. You are responsible for any item being returned to us. You will be responsible for return costs and ensure adequate packaging and insurance cover is used.
Refund & Exchange Policy
All warranties and refunds are void if the returned merchandise is found to be damaged, scratched, modified or altered in any way, either by misuse, accidental damage or force majeure. Refunds will be issued at the discretion of the company Management. If a returned device has suffered damage due to either misuse, accidental damage, force majeure or an attempt has been made to open, alter or modify the device either by the buyer or a 3rd party repair company, all warranties including extended warranty will be null and void and no refund will be offered at any time. If your returned items have sustained any damage cosmetically but have not suffered any fault with the operation of the device, we may re-grade your returned item and refund minus our administration fee of £20.00 in addition to deducting the current price difference for the equivalent graded item. Any device that has sustained cosmetic damage which may include heavier marks, dents, scratches, cracks or any other external pressure of force applied will result in increased deductions from any refunds. Any non-defective item that has been used, installed or opened by the customer is subject to a restocking fee based on the original purchase price. The restocking fee for used, installed or opened non-defective items will be 15%. Any order being returned for a refund must include any accessories sent with the order. A deduction of missing items, merchandise or accessories will be made based on the original purchase price of the missing item(s). Refunds will take up to 14 days after we have received the goods back.
- We will only refund your postage costs up to a maximum of £10.00 if an item is found to be defective and returned to us within the first 14 days after receiving your item. You are responsible for any item being returned to us. Please ensure adequate packaging is used for the return of the item. We recommend that you use Royal Mail Special Delivery Service. Please make sure you insure the returning package for full sale value. If a postage refund is applicable, we require proof of postage and cost receipt. This can be sent with the return or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any item found to be faulty after the first 14 days and returned to us will not be entitled to a postage refund. You are responsible for any item being returned to us. You will be responsible for return costs and ensure adequate packaging and insurance coverage if you return any item purchased after the first 14 days.
- All returns MUST have a valid RMA number prior to sending them back to us. Any item received back without a valid RMA will not be processed and may incur charges.
- You are responsible for the cost of sending back the goods.
- A 15% restocking fee will be applicable on all items returned to us for a refund after the 14th working day after the day you receive your delivery.
- You have a statutory duty to take care of the goods. Damage or distress caused or allowed by you to the product may void your right to return the product.
- You may examine the goods as you would when purchasing in a shop. You have a duty to take care of the goods. Canceled orders where the goods are returned damaged, worn, scratched, modified (including the software setup) or missing any of the supplied equipment, including screens, stands, batteries and other accessories, will be rejected and returned to you.
- We recommend that goods should be sent by a recorded method of delivery as proof of return may be required. They should also be insured in case the goods are damaged during return transit.
- You are responsible for the security and safety of the goods until they are received and accepted back into our warehouse. If you do not use insurance and the goods are damaged or go missing you are fully liable for the cost of the goods.
- Goods should be sent by a recorded method of delivery as proof of return may be required. They should also be insured in case the goods are damaged during return transit.
- To speed up the identification of your product return the original order ID reference must be clearly highlighted on the outside of the package, in such a way that it does not damage the original product. Products returned without an order ID number will require identification from all sales of the product, this can add further time and delays in processing the return as refunds can’t be made until we are sure the correct invoice has been identified for the product. (Returned goods that were not canceled in writing within 14 days will be returned to you for an administration fee of £20.00).
- The Operating System must be restored to factory settings. If you need help to do this please contact us. We will be happy to do this for you for £20.00.
- When the goods are returned to our Warehouse they will undergo a full inspection to ensure all goods are undamaged and returned 100% complete. If any items are missing, your return will either be rejected, or the missing parts will be charged for and a missing item admin fee deducted from any refund.
- We are unable to accept cancellations for goods that have been specifically customised at your request.
- A 15% restocking fee will be applicable on all items returned to us for a refund after the 14th working day after the day you receive your delivery.
Collecting from our store
If you choose to collect your order from our store located at The Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TZ, please contact us by email (email@example.com) and let us know when you intend to collect your order. If we do not hear from you within 7 days of your order being submitted, we will automatically cancel your order and you may lose your payments made to us.
Returns Address: Apple Repairs Kent / Returns Department, Admirals Offices, The Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TZ